Write to Your Truth: A Weekend Writing Salon in Lisbon
May 18 and 19, 2019
Register now for this two-day writing salon in which you will explore the power of story, narrative and writing to help navigate to your inner truth.
**Early Bird — Book by 15th March**
Your story has power in it.
When we can unravel and understand the threads of our story we have a tool for weaving a more intimate relationship with ourselves and the world.
And yet our stories tend to settle like sediment. The ones we tend regularly (the stories we tell others about, or the stories in our heads which we use to define ourselves) are the ones we feed. Below them are many layers. Hidden stories. Forgotten stories. Silenced stories. We can pick the ones at the top, but to get to the bottom, we must be willing to write our way through the layers and layers until we hit the gold. Once we are there, the stories on the top tend to make more sense again. We are all many layers deep.
Hosted by Lisbon local Emily Avila, along with creative mentor and writer Clare Mulvany, this special workshop will introduce engaging, creative exercises and writing practices to explore personal narrative and sense-making, all through the exploratory tool of reflective writing.
Throughout both days, there will be a mix of meditations, reflections, creative exercises and quiet time for writing, as well as sharing.
This is for you if you are:
- Curious about writing a memoir or personal story
- Exploring engaging ways to craft your own personal narratives and go beyond journalling.
- Seeking space and time to discover your writing voice
- Interested in using writing as a tool to connect with your inner wisdom and intuition
In this workshop you will be introduced to a range of writing tools and creative practices.
- Learn tools for crafting your own personal stories
- Discover creative ways for tapping into memory, senses and somatic awareness
- Have some quiet time to reflect and write
- Connect with and learn from the other participants
You’ll come away with:
- Some fresh ideas and insights into your own writing
- Be introduced to some memoir/ personal story writing techniques
- Inspiration and encouragement from sharing and listening to other stories